Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #2991 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I know a bit about mixing and mastering.

Edit: It sounds unmastered so I think a lot of what would make it sound better would be done during the mastering process. For mixing I typically make the drums the loudest compared to any other instrument and give them more bass. I think turning up the drums would help. And there is a lot of mid-tone sound in it, so I'd turn the mid-tones down a bit in eqing each track or input and maybe on the master too. I always add a little reverb to everything too. Just enough to where you can barely hear it if you are listening but not enough to wear it's obvious. That little reverb gives things a little more meat and makes them sound more full and less flat.
Thanks for the advice! Would you say turn the drums up all around or on a specific track? It's def unmastered, (this is all recorded on the garageband app on my iphone) wouldn't even know where to start with that, tbh. Yeah I'm a big fan of mid tones, but I tend to over-saturate so I'm glad you pointed that out. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and for listening!

Also here's the youtube link in case anyone doesn't use soundcloud https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0MQajnhZPKVD2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote