Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 50 Albums
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I figure it's time for an update of my Top 50, ended up doing a Top 80. Included a handful of excellent compilations to keep the collage from getting overwhelmed by multiple albums from the same artists (Zeppelin, Hendrix, Sabbath, The Band, CCR, Steve Miller, Link Wray etc). Sure is a different list than my original post in 2014, definitely reflects the changes in my lifestyle and setting. For me 2016 was very much dominated by the experience of moving back to my hometown, settling back in with family & friends, and taking it easy after a few stressful years living in the city, going to school, and hunting for a career. My taste in music seems to have a paralleled that transition, I've found myself returning to the classics, returning to the blues and the genres that grew from it, the albums that my parents played in the home as I was growing up and the albums that I listened to in early high school, good time rock & roll.

There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote