Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #2995 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I know a bit about mixing and mastering.

Edit: It sounds unmastered so I think a lot of what would make it sound better would be done during the mastering process. For mixing I typically make the drums the loudest compared to any other instrument and give them more bass. I think turning up the drums would help. And there is a lot of mid-tone sound in it, so I'd turn the mid-tones down a bit in eqing each track or input and maybe on the master too. I always add a little reverb to everything too. Just enough to where you can barely hear it if you are listening but not enough to wear it's obvious. That little reverb gives things a little more meat and makes them sound more full and less flat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I'd say turn drums up a bit on all. I don't use garageband, so I'm not sure what the mixing and mastering capabilities are on it. Best advice is to get a good idea of what mixing and mastering is then just **** with things. And I always have at least 3 different pairs of headphones. My AKG K240 studio quality ones, then a big pair of DJ/Hip Hop headphones and a pair of good ear buds. And two different speakers. All for testing. It's the worst part of doing music.
Kinda made me horny tbh. Keep doin' you, bro.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote