Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 09:23 PM   #19095 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

Get Out

While i actually enjoyed this film....i felt it was really predictable and often leaned too hard on the comedy

still this was an interesting film to watch that i felt goes above and beyond in making it's audience uncomfortable....whether i liked it or not that is a feat in its own right

again...i thought it was good but i really don't see what all the hype is about....could have easily waited for netflix

Spoiler for hide:
speaking of netflix

Trash Fire

while at a birthday party on Saturday...i engaged in a conversation with my film nut friend Ryan....he asked if i had seen Trash Fire and explained that it was streaming on Netflix....he told me that he thought of me while watching the end of the film because of how much i love unhappy endings....i left said party and went home and watched it immediately

basic story....girlfriend is pregnant....couple decides to keep kid....she insist that he make up with his sister and grandmother who both blame him for killing his parents and burning his sister in a fire

so lets start with the main characters....they are both cynical horrible human beings who have an amazing chemistry which i think helps to really carry this film

the grandmother is one of the best villains i have ever seen on screen....that type of person that in no way shape or form thinks they are doing any wrong but are the worst.

and yes the ending is about as pleasant as getting stabbed in the neck...as well as being abrupt and very open ended

loved it
I went to go see Get Out last night and I felt largely the same way. I kind of figured out the twist about halfway through.

Spoiler for Spoilers for the ending:
I wish they didn't end the movie on a joke. I think it would have been much more poignant if Chris and Rod just drove away in silence.

LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote