Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 09:28 PM   #19096 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Uncle John

An unassuming killer's nephew visits him as he deals with the aftermath of one of his murders in a small Wisconsin town. It's divided into two parts: the nephew's storyline and the uncle's. The nephew's side borders on rom com while the uncle lives through a gritty thriller. Imo they take way too long to connect and that really dragged down the film for me. They're just so jarringly different and apart from some easy to miss references, can seem kind of unrelated entirely up until they intersect. This could have been solved through some flashback or something. When they do connect it's really solid and I loved the payoff and character development. Very well made film with some flaws but also a lot of really strong features like the camerawork, the acting, the soundtrack, and the tension building. A firm 4.5/5
god damn man, what an excellent film. the slow pacing and moments of tension are truly remarkable. the way the stories were contrasted in tone made for a very unique experience but i felt that was what made it stick so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote