Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #4065 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
What I don't get is why you guys even come in here to post if you're just going to insult anybody who disagrees with you. Or are you just looking for people to validate your own opinion so you can pat each other on the backs and stimulate your fragile egos? Or perhaps you just get off on bickering with people. The point of discussing is to learn and understand why people have this position and with that understanding it's supposed to bring people together and compromise. It's not to loop yourself into stereotypes and hurl insults at one another furthering the disconnect. Like, you guys come in here and tell anybody that doesn't agree that they are delusional or stupid or bigoted or don't know **** like that's supposed make them think, "oh, he's right!" when all it does is built resentment. And to what end? To make yourself feel bigger because you insulted the other person better? Get the **** out of here. You're wasting your time pretending to be discussing things like rational and mature adults. And the ****ed up thing is, both Trump and Hillary wanted that. They want you to hate each others guts because it makes it that much easier to control you and get your votes when you think the other side is the devil. If you weren't so busy actively getting the other side to resent you so they vote against you we probably wouldn't have had Trump. And trust me, I actually TALKED with Trump supporters to gain a better understanding on how anybody could support him. And they always told me it's because they are sick of the hyperbole and the slander from Hilary supporters.
This is why I generally ignore politics unless I want to be childish and throw shade on people. The more you learn about politics, the dumber you get, cause you'll develop opinions, then take sides, then start yelling, and pretty soon you're just in it for the dopamine hits from arguing. It almost never fails, no matter how smart the person is, and it's the catch 22 that will always leave the world ****ed. So I stay dumb and keep my brain.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.