Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #3493 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
given his positions Bernie would metaphorically spit on him

sounds like he's the type of guy that voted Trump in the general despite Hillary actually sharing about 70-80% of Bernie's positions while Trump was in line with about 10%

this is assuming he isn't just lying
I was originally gonna vote Johnson...but he's kind of an idiot so I abstained this past election since there was no candidate that really lined up with what I wanted.

I agree with a lot of Bernie's positions in regards to how he would have "dismantled" the relationship between money and politics. We agree on most social issues too. My biggest point of skepticism with him was his tax plan and his views on countries like Cuba and Venezuela.

As Lucem points out though, this is an issue of your ego vs mine here. I favor certain issues more than you do because I chose a path outside the traditional workforce so I tend to speak up based on what I have experience in. I don't dislike you as a person or anything: I just don't see Communism as having that great a track record when corruption seems inevitable in most longstanding organizations, whereas Capitalism is flexible enough to work around that problem. I can be a pro-business Libertarian and still agree with Bernie on a lot of important issues. Just like how I can agree with Trump that some of our trade relationships are fucked even if I disagree with how he's handled every other major issue.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-26-2017 at 09:49 PM.