Music Banter - View Single Post - A Classy B*stard's 9 to 5
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
What educational background do you have, [ISB]?
Entirely self-educated. I spent my youth in various asylumns where volunteers huddled together mentally ill children aged 12-18 and taught down to the dumbest kid in the room. Graduated valedictorian with the highest marks in the "school"'s history, (like being the world's tallest midget), and went off to university.

I was already proficient in the history of design and all related softwares so I was permitted to assistant teach all my classes and got an A.S. in Visual Communication and Graphic Design.

A few months of art college proved to be a waste as their entire curriculum consisted of handing students paintbrushes and recommending mind-altering substances to help us find our muse. I quickly dropped out.

Been in the industry as a designer for 18 years, and as challenges arose to develop paperless workflow automation solutions, digital publishing apps, pre-order pre-pay apps, mobile timecard solutions, and print workflow automations, I sat down, figured it out, and made it happen.

I've been doing IT and networking support for years, so the move seemed logical. The new gig is entry level with training for their proprietary software provided.

And all my work in music education - the lectures, multimedia work, papers, my foundation project, blogging, etc have all just been recreational in my free time, though the University of Buffalo offered me lecture space and a free Master's for my work if I pay for a Bachelor's. Sadly, they promised me that my foundation was entirely impossible and that there was insufficient community interest to support it financially, so I was told the Master's would be useless.

I think that about sums it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote