Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Gravemakers and Gunslingers - (2008)
Music Video/Single by Coheed and Cambria

After much thought and time, I have come to the conclusion that this is most likely the worst Coheed and Cambria song. It embodies everything I hate about this genre of alt rock. It gives off such a distasteful sense of bravado that does not sit well with me. I am all for being loud and obnoxious and using profanity. However, this songs lyrics sound like they were written by a child. It’s disappointing though. The riffs are there but feel uninspired. Not a lot of progression in this song at all. The drums are ok at times but all of these bits and pieces do not make up a good song. Storywise this song is more of a tribute to the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, and relates to the main character Claudio in his journey to understand more about the crowing. It does have a cool concept behind it but musically it just falls flat.

The video doesn’t help it either. It is directed by Claudio and really is just a bunch of footage of the band. It’s not well cut either, so it can be a chore to watch. It’s meant to be fun and laid back but it isn’t easy on the eyes. There was some potential for a really cool video here too with the concept behind the track, but it’s not there. Disappointed in this production overall. I am glad to say that the worse of it is behind us and we can all look forward to much greener pastures for the next album.

Gravemakers and Gunslingers the song and the video get dislikes from me.

Listen to it yourself and give me your opinions. Like it? Dislike it? Why?

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote