Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #43636 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

The retail buyer job did not work out, so I'm likely going to take a couple different housekeeping jobs instead. (I'm used to it, and I don't mind physical labor) At least as a temporary thing, because I can no longer endure the thrift store for various reasons (they've cut my hours down to nothing, among other things). Medical bills and a recent doctor visit drained me completely, so, I just need something for now. I will gladly take three jobs if I must-- anything to get me out of this infernal house while I wait for my horrible roommate/ex to finally move out. My brother has been here less lately, too; he's been having more rages lately, so my dad is trying to find a part-time male caregiver who he can't accidentally hurt or overpower.

Anyway, one is just a regular house-cleaning job that's very close to where I live; it's a one-story house, too, so it'll be easy and convenient if he hires me. The other is at a nursing home. I was a caretaker+housekeeper at another nursing home last year, too; hopefully this place will be slightly less depressing. (I adore the residents at such places but the atmosphere is so very depressing; they are hardly ever visited, they're bored out of their minds and the staff is always useless.)
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote