Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #43638 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Thanks. To me, this kind of work is actually more tolerable than retail/food industry, due to the absence of idiot customers to deal with. And I think the old men were the ones having fun (at the last nursing home I worked at).
I wish I had written down some of the things they said-- the jokes, especially, were so terrible (and nonsensical due to all the layers of dementia + dad humor involved) that I almost wanted to have them cross-stitched and framed.

Hopefully I'll meet some interesting ones at this place. A new nemesis, perhaps. (There was one lady at the other place who despised me. Helga. She was 100% lucid and 100% full of spite-- an eldritch abomination, truly. Her own daughter seemed terrified of her. She enjoyed manipulating the poor, sweet older ladies and glaring at people from the opposite end of the hall. One day she turned to me while I was cleaning after 30 minutes of silence and said, "Only sinful women have red hair." before shutting herself in the bathroom. That one was my favorite.)
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote