Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #479 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

I'm going to try and do this quickly.

Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy

The Review

After reading trollheart's review I was worried. Then after reading the more positive reviews, I was less worried. But now that it's all over I can tell you that this album is not something I will be going back to. The manic nature of the instrumentation and electronics mixed with the chaotic vocal delivery is strangely alluring. I enjoyed a few tracks because of this. However, the shock value wears off quite quickly as we approach tracks 13 and 14. I just lost interest right there. The energy seemed to go away and it never came back. The lyrics on this thing are god awful, childish and lackluster. I felt that the ideas and concepts are there for something cool, however they did not come together in a nice way. I felt that the overall production was fine, so at least that wasn't a negative per se. The album is too long as well. I mean not in time passed, but in overall track numbers. You can't keep doing the same thing for 30 tracks and expect it to stick. When a new song comes on you want it to be different enough so you recognize it later down the road as its own entity. None of these songs do that for me though.

Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy gets a 3.9/10

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote