Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 50 Albums
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 10:07 AM   #192 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Creamcheese View Post
Time is the most adorable and amazing album ever. I can't listen to it without smiling and singing along to every song. I mean, what's not to love? It's got time travel, space, love, robot sex, heavy pop songs with thick beats that are guaranteed to be stuck in your head for days, cheesy ballads that demand to be sung along to when you're either alone or too happy/drunk to care if anyone is listening, and even an instrumental that sounds like it should the background music of a level in Donkey Kong Country. Plus, the overarching story is so fun and romantic, simple yet effective, that it makes for a great mental movie to watch as the album goes on.

The first version of it that I heard was a CD with the bonus tracks The Bouncer, When Time Stood Still, and Julie Don't Live Here, and that's the version that's on my list. They fit the other songs perfectly, and I can't imagine the album without them. I've even come up with ways for them to fit in with the other songs storywise, 'cause I'm a weirdo.

^ Based on Suzy's winning recommendation of ELO's Time and also Neapolitan's good word on Solid Space, I listened to both of them (on YouTube) late last night, decided I loved both and then purchased them online. Boy, am I tired today -- but it was worth it. Thanks for the recommendations!
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote