Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Live Albums
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I absolutely hate Frampton Comes Alive. Not because it's poor music, but because I can't go into any record stores near me without finding 12 copies of Frampton Comes Alive for every 1 Humble Pie album.

My favorite live album is probably Grand Funk Railroad's Caught In the Act. Such a blast front to back, fantastic production, fantastic set arrangement, super high energy, and the crowd absolutely loves it.

Also a big fan of Gary Clark Jr.'s LIVE album. Great sound, great improvisation throughout, great set list. Unfortunately when I saw Gary live in Vancouver it wasn't quite as exciting, seemed like an off night for the band (missing a member too), but the performances on this album are fantastic. There are live videos for most of the tracks too.

There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote