Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Metal Albums you should hear before you die
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #222 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

116. Mastodon - Blood Mountain (2006)

I'll start with Blood Mountain. Mastodon, who happen to be one of my favorite bands, are quite deserving of a few spots on this list. Blood Mountain is , IMO, their best record. It balances perfectly, the aggressive undertones of earlier records Remission and Leviathan, while incorporating that progressive metal style they would explore more in later records like Crack the Skye and Emperor of Sand. Tracks such as Colony of Birchman, and Siberian Divide exemplify the style of Blood Mountain in every possible (positive) way. It's the perfect entry point into both styles of mastodon, the more aggressive fast paced style, and the more melodic progressive style. Balance is the word of the day for this album. Also Joshua Homme is on this record, I am a huge Queens of the Stone Age fan, so that is a plus as well.

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote