Music Banter - View Single Post - Trying to find an alt/rock song from the 00s
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
michaelcbell
Groupie

Default Trying to find an alt/rock song from the 00s

Hi all.

Was hoping you'd be able to help me out with finding the name of a song that I've been trying to remember/search online for the best part of a decade. I've put this up on the forums I could find that seem to have he most switched on about this genre. The people on here seem to have a wealth of knowledge so I'm praying you can succeed where I have failed. Here are the clues I can remember:

1) It's a rock/alternative track with a male singer

2) The music video was on the likes of Kerrang! Mtv2 etc. certainly in the period between 2001 and 2007 - finding it hard to be more specific I'm afraid.

3) There was a scene in the music video where the camera is an operating theatre and someone is on an operating table/bed with surgeons around them. This may be the band or something else I'm. Pretty hazy on this.

4) There is a guitar hook/riff in the track that is incredibly similar to:

Bush - Everything Zen @ 0:10 - 0:22, same again at 1:15

In fact - many of the visual sections of this music video seem to ring a bell but can't be sure.

Similar guitar again to:

Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills - specifically at 2:26

These are all of the things I can remember.

If anyone has the faintest idea of what track this might be I'd be eternally grateful to find out - as I say it's been on my mind since I last heard it probably around 10 years ago and I've wasted countless hours diving through videos of that era..

Many Thanks,

Mike
michaelcbell is offline   Reply With Quote