Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #9133 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Here's a rambling rant about Mass Effect: Andromeda I just posted on city-data, a collection of thoughts after finishing the game:

So I finished the game yesterday. Took me just under 62 hours. I finished the vast majority of quests - unfortunately one loyalty mission for my crew members didn't trigger, and 2 side quests that bugged out.. but apart from these and those "scan 15 minerals" missions that were pointless and didn't move the plot in any direction (so I skipped them), I did every single quest.
Without spoilers, I have to say I am very happy with the ending and can't wait for the next part, as this clearly is just a first part in a new trilogy.
I gave it 7/10 before. I'll give it 8/10 now.
The game crashed a total of 4 times during these 62 hours, which isn't that bad actually. Apart from those 2 side quests that were bugged, everything else worked, though it sometimes required loading a previous checkpoint, luckily it was a couple of minutes game time lost at most.
The writing is very uneven. Loyalty missions are great, the main quest ain't bad either.. but many of the side quests are just stupid pointless filler. And to be honest, you could really skip them without any impact on your gameplay - I finished the game on normal, lvl 59, without any challenge. Had a ton of spare cash and nothing to spend it on, thousands of resources (whatever units they come in) and felt invincible.
Also what is important, you don't actually have to complete every mission to take a planets viability up to 100% - all the quests on a planet would sum up to 140% or something like that, and since it can't actually go over 100%, you can skip A LOT without any consequences.
Which I recommend you do as it gets tedious after a while, when you find a datapad only to hear you need to find 2 more in order to find a base full of generic enemies that don't pose a challenge, and to find pointless loot that is sub par to anything you can craft yourself.
Anyway, despite the numerous flaws, this is an awesome game with awesome characters and a good enough prelude to an amazing (I hope) new trilogy.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote