Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #12498 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Does the fact that fish don't feel pain count for anything? I ask because I draw the line at hunting for sport (as opposed to hunting for nourishement) because you can't throw a dead deer back in the water.

Also I thought that you were a vegan because of the meat industry's standards. Tsk tsk I think there's more to it.
I'm working my way towards it for ALL animal rights.. the meat industry just happens to be the thing I find the most disgusting, but really I'm just against unnecessary killing/harm of any kind (and strongly against pet owning/breeding as well).

It doesn't really count for anything to me, but I can at least empathize with those who use that as kind of the deciding factor. I really just don't see the point of taking a life when there are other options for nourishment that cause less harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm totally fine with that. Our positions are simply incompatible and there's nothing to be done but agreeing to disagree. I still enjoy tormenting you with tales of delicious, rare, bloody burgers and how they end up as diarrhea in my toilet though.

I've never been, and will never be about hunting (even though I have an uncle who probably would have loved to take me). I always do catch and release too. I'd feel bad if I caught a fish and ate it. But hunting is a bigger thing to me, just as stepping on a spider is bigger than eating a fish. "Higher" life forms, such as deer, rabbits, and bears, "deserve" more consideration than fish, just as spiders deserve more consideration than amoebas. To some extent it might be illogical, but to some extent treating fish equally to deer is illogical as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah I'd never go hunting. Not in a million years. Regardless of what rational moral reasons I could use, I'd just feel like a monster for shooting a deer. I understand why people do it, and I understand why it means something else to them than it does to me, so I don't judge, but it's not for me.
Stocked fish aside.. Most fish are more important to their ecosystems than deer. Deer are actually somewhat of a pest, so it's hard to agree with your thinking (if we are going to take special consideration based on some ranking system surely it should be based around ecology and not arbitrary human perception). And I can still appreciate delicious animal food, I just try not to indulge anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 04-04-2017 at 01:28 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote