Music Banter - View Single Post - Wikipedia Game / Experiment
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Wikipedia Game / Experiment

There is a saying that "All Roads Lead to Rome." So on Wikipedia do first words in the article lead to "Philosophy?"

I searched for the song "Save it for Later" and in the Google return I got "Special Beat Service" which is the title of the album. On that page the first hyperlink-word was "British," which turn out to be for the wiki page "United Kingdom." The first word on that page that linked me to another was "Sovereign country." I did the same thing and click on every first word on each page until on the "Philosophy" page.

The game of clicking on the first hyperlink-word seems easy enough. Sometimes if a game or a task is too easy there is no interest in it. The part I am curious about is there a word that doesn't to the Philosophy page or a limit of links that eventually lead to the Philosophy page. The experiment or challenge would be to find the word that doesn't link or a word that has longest degree of separation from Philosophy.
  1. Special Beat Service
  2. British/United Kingdom
  3. Sovereign country/Sovereign state
  4. International law
  5. State/State (polity)
  6. Polity
  7. Entity
  8. Ontology
  9. Philosophy

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote