Music Banter - View Single Post - Do Other Countries Deal With The Same Issues That America Deals With?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
nah that's a pretty accurate analysis. in a lot of ways i think we're a very passive country that follows what the rest of the world are doing, we definitely have made some big strides in terms of equality and LGBT rights and what not, while they're still controversial within the country (bill c-16, bill m103, etc) i don't think much of it makes headlines outside of the country.

basically i just think because of media we're able to be much more aware of life in America than americans are of life in Canada.
That's probably why a lot of us Americans would prefer to live in Canada. It seems like a lot less bull**** to deal with.

It's unfortunate too, because if you live outside of America, you really do see the bull**** making headline news, though us Americans know better than to believe it. I can't imagine being somebody not familiar with the media, and finding articles that have happened in America, and then later finding out they are false reports.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote