Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #523 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Museum Mouth - Popcorn Fish Guinea Pig

Overall extremely bland songwriting, most of the tracks fall under the da da da da da da da da... category and tend to feel like they drag on a bit too long even with their short runtimes. There were a couple standout tracks where the songwriting was a bit better, I Scream at You When You're Not in the Room is a great penultimate song, and the opener Bugeyed was another good one songwriting wise and so was Incubus Tattoo. However, the middle of the album suffers from poor songwriting smothered by the generally clean performances. Overall, the album does become a bit of a bore after a while; there's nothing here that will hold your attention for very long, but there are certainly a few solid singles.

Also, introducing the Neverending List of My Favorite Albums; the new way I've decided to categorize how much I like an album. As of now, it only has a few albums but as I listen and re-listen to more and more it will fill up. Anyway, this LP falls in between Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' Damn the Torpedoes and Radiohead's The King of Limbs.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote