Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2018 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
OK I skimmed through the article and I don't get it. Are they saying they'll do it like a Japan/Korea thing, in which case teams would go from the north (Canada) right down to the south (Mexico) for games? Or are they planning to snaffle the next three World Cups? I thought the Americans didn't give a **** about soccer anyway? Sounds very unfair to me. Let countries who actually care about the game host it, rather than just fill the coffers of Trump and his two neighbours.

Oh, and how do the teams make it over the Wall, Donald?

Seriously though, **** them. This should not be allowed.
A joint bid, USA hosting the most games, Canada and Mexico getting 10 each.

I've got no issue with the US hosting in principle, or Canada getting 2026 on it's own if they had the infrastructure but it is not right that Mexico would host three and the US two when England hasn't hosted since 1966.

That is just blatantly unfair.

I've said it before but it would probably help our cause if we put a joint bid in with Scotland and Wales. Britain 2026. Scotland and Wales will never host on their own, but they could have World Cup games played in their nations, if they were willing to work together with England. It would pretty much be England + Glasgow and Cardiff/Swansea but it's better than nothing and if FIFA are set on expanding the tournament, it means Wales and Scotland may qualify as hosts.

Get it done ffs.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote