Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #25395 (permalink)
Zer0

Planning for Burial - Below the House (2017)
Droney experimental rock with a slight touch of metal. It's not a bad album, it has a bleak atmosphere reminiscent of Have a Nice Life, and some interesting guitar textures. But a bit more variety would have been welcome.

The Courtneys - II (2017)
Their first album was a catchy and fun albeit somewhat unoriginal slice of indie rock. The sun-kissed summer vibe is still evident here, but it's really just a case of more of the same only not as good.

Ivy - Long Distance (2000)
This album has some good songs but suffers from being longer than it should be. Actually this sounds a bit dated too. That post-trip hop indie pop sound hasn't aged particularly well, and this album sounds very 2000. Perhaps sounding a little too pleasant at times as well.

Conan - Blood Eagle (2014)
This album is seriously heavy as fuck. I can applaud them on that much. But beyond this it just seems to lack something that makes me want to come back for more. To me they are an example of a band with an amazing sound, but not having the compositions to really do it justice. Maybe they need more drugs.