Music Banter - View Single Post - sunday bloody sunday
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
Hehe, I like that logic there

I've heard post-9/11, that the nationalists want to distance themselves from the "terrorist" label and use non-violent means to get their message across. But if I'm not mistaken, the majority of the country is Unionist. And I've also heard from a friend who used to live in the region that there are several people (especially in the younger generation) who are generally "neutral" on the topic, and just don't want to see any more violence.
well hey man, it's not only that they're catholic, they, just like croatians, have been oppressed by imperialistic pigs for hundreds of years, they're a small nation who's strong catholic faith has helped them maintain their identity despite all attempts to errase them as a seperate nation ( same for croatia ), although unfortunately, the imperial pigs have succeeded in making the irish language virtually dead. the northern irish republic is an unnatural creation because it's essentially a nation/state based on religion and was created because the irish were still in an underhand position back in 1920 and had no choice but to agree to it pressured by the allmighty brittish empire, the presance of protestants in northern ireland is a direct result of the brittish attempt to enslave the irish, they owned all the land and settled there ( therefore making them immigrants ), the island was originally completely irish. besides, i don't see why protestants can't live in a unified irish republic....

but you're right, the majority of the state is unionist....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote