Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #719 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

I'm sure he wants a review https://catswithhats.bandcamp.com/album/cvltnival

I think this sounds cool from the get go. It is mechanically cold and industrial layered with great synth pads and subtly psychedelia. The synth line beneath everything is nice and twinkly while diverse sounds drone over it. A lotta variation I've been wanting to hear. Comes to some quirky sounding piano playing that deconstructs consistently into more and more atonal business and ends with some noise. Good track. Second track starts out more harsh with really pleasing and textural noise that also gets continuously mad. There's deep bass and percussion that drives the track home. The synths are pretty again. The mid section is really cool and keeps up the awesome industrial themes.

Next track is a quiet (in comparison) little interlude. Beneath the drone are very subtly and trippy effects. When you can hear them it's a real treat. Another short one next. Industrial tones, synthesized coolness, the album already never misses a beat. The next track would have a similar description as the last, but the noise is thicker and the ethereal synth isn't present, menacing.

The last track though. Super noisy and industrial almost sounding like early SPK, which is badass. The wiggly synths make it a standout as well as a different feel from the prior tracks.

It's real good and shows a lot of progression from simple stuff you've done before to this full industrial sound. Varied and cohesive at the same time and worth listening to

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote