Music Banter - View Single Post - When did getting gig tickets become such a pain in the a**?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
Hey everyone, long time on and off reader but a new poster to the forum! Thought I'd start a thread as this has been bugging me...

I used to go to a lot of gigs back in the day, and am trying to get back into it. But when did it become such a nightmare trying to get tickets without having to pay 3x the face value?

I've tried to use TickX and the like, but I don't really see the point of those sites when they don't even do a proper comparison.

Was wondering what other people's experiences have been lately, before I give up and just stick to watching local bands?
A few months after I saw a Melvins show, someone who also attended that I met later made a remark that the show was an expensive one for them, compared to some of their earlier ones.

Tickets were $16 bucks. Benefits of the indie scene.

But seriously, if you're paying over 40/50 bucks at all to see a single show, you're paying too much and the show most likely isn't worth it in the first place.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote