Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #3979 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You and your damn pedantics. Though I can't get into his head, I'm assuming this is what he meant: to get someone out of something would be to achieve the end of it, which is what happened. He got the US out of the war by helping win it, otherwise they might have been in it (including a costly invasion of Japan) and by authorising the development of the atomic bomb, which was the main factor in ending at least the war in the Pacific.

Are you really going to be such a dick as to deny FDR his legacy? Have you nothing else to do?
FDR authorized the development of the atomic bomb which ushered in the era of nuclear warfare and nuclear proliferation. He never mentioned the Holocaust in any public speech. Did not sign anti-lynching legislation. He sign Executive Order 9066 which lead to the forced relocation and incarceration of 110,000 Japanese into interment camps. Quite a legacy. Why, who would want to deny that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Wow. If these are the kinds of mental gymnastics you have to do to make your point, maybe you should rethink your position.

Thanks. I was tempted to respond with more detail, but what's the point? I'm sure every reasonable person who read my post understands what I meant.
Everyone knew what you meant. FDR made America great again, the way it was before before 1929. And FDR is responsible for American exceptionalism, by getting us out of the war. See FDR was the commander and chief of US armed forces that defeated the Nazis, thus consequently getting us out of the war. I apologize for mentioning the Allies, British Spies, and the restistance because that subtracts from American exceptionalism. FDR MAGA!

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards