Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Message
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
bungalow
Account Disabled

Right now I'm listening to Ghengis Khan by Jedi Mind Tricks, and, if I am hearing correctly, they have jumped behind the " fight for Mumia " wagon. It is a really good song, and once again, they actually have the ability to say something, without it sounding cheesy and lame.

"On my way to Philly to fight for Mumia/Only thug gorrilas will react to this/the laws try to destroy black activists"

One thing that really ticks me off is when people refer to African American people who are racist, as "reverse racism" I was listening to some song, and the guy was talking about rasicm, and he mentioned this so-called "reverse rasicm" How is that "reverse", it is the same thing as any other kind of rasicm. I just don't understand what makes that "reverse"

Alright. So today, I was talking to some kid at school, and he is really into country music. His favorite country artist is David Alan Coe.

I told him that I can't stand David Alan Coe, because he is a rasict, sexist, pig. He has a couple songs that he has written, and a couple that he has covered, that are blatantly rasict (****** Hatin' Me, Leroy The Big-Lipped ******) That is plenty enough reason for me to hate an artist. Then, the kid I'm talking to says "He isn't a rasict, he just doesn't like ******s" I then asked him to define "******" and he said that a ****** is a rasict black person.

So I asked him, what is the difference between Chris Rock making a rasict joke, and David Alan Coe making a song that is blatantly rasict? Why is it ok for David Alan Coe to do it, but not, Dr. Dre or any other rapper?

It shouldn't be accepted in either case. I especially hate it when artists attempt to make their rasict songs, seem like they contain some sort of a political meaning.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote