Music Banter - View Single Post - money issues
Thread: money issues
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

I guarantee you, everyone has had these sorts of problems. You might need a different approach. You're buying coffee and beers for your friends out of the kindness of your heart. First of all, you shouldn't anticipate a return of favor. Because if they DO actually return the favor, you feel happy (and maybe surprised), and your friendship gets that much stronger.

If you always find yourself paying, then try to ease off. Use the same excuses they did to you, reduce the number of times you go out together. Addressing the mooching issue openly doesn't work very well in most occasions. It's better to think of it as an act of kindness, rather than a lumpsum loss of money, and move on. Besides, knowing you, if you had that money, you'd probably spend it again on buying your friends another round. That's what nice people do. Don't get discouraged by it. That one person that DID buy the next round- you called him a stand up guy. I'm sure he is saying the same about you. Trust me, nice actions don't ALWAYs go unrecognized.
hookers with machineguns is offline   Reply With Quote