Music Banter - View Single Post - Was was your most embarrassing phase?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Key

Time for a long post because this is the kind of thing I love talking about. I'll try to be as detailed as I possibly can but we'll see what happens.

So let's talk about the youngest part of my life that I can possibly remember, specifically the ages of 13-17 or maybe a little more. I was a very strange kid from what I can gather. I was interested in things like all young "emo kids" were interested in. Music that sounded dark, and altering my appearance to the point that people just thought I was nuts. During this time, it was when I was coloring my hair various colors and trying to look like a badass, while undoubtedly looking like a complete idiot. I unfortunately don't have any photo evidence of what my hair used to look like but I've had blue, purple, green, blonde, black, and other colors in my hair at some point. This was also the part of my life that I was beginning to show signs of being socially awkward and when the depression was truly starting to take form. The earliest picture I have to showcase this is one of my school photos from high school.

Yes, I know. The hair is just a complete nightmare, but hey, I sported it pretty well. Though I can't imagine what it must've been like for my peers to look at me with fashion sense like that. But I loved that shirt. I don't think I even have it anymore, but this is truly an awkward phase in my life. Though who's high school experience wasn't awkward.

Though it wasn't all bad. I also came off as the class clown a lot in high school. Something I actually take some pride in. During my senior year in high school, I asked one of my class mates to do a dance off against me in our English class. Of course, he accepted. And yes, I do in fact have photo evidence of this as well. Thank god too because this is one of the coolest things I ever did in high school:

I'm not the guy in the purple jacket though I can't possibly think of another jacket I wanted more of. This was definitely a fun time and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Spoiler alert, I didn't win. But I was very close. The entire class voted.

Anyway, moving onto my earlier twenties, this was when I took the plunge to move to California to be with the person I thought I was going to be with for the rest of my life. Mixing that with the physically painful depression that was creeping up on me more and more, it wasn't an easy transition to make because I really didn't know what to expect. This was the first time I ever moved out of state to be with somebody. Let me tell you, it's an experience. A lot of you already know about this so I won't touch on it too much.

Going a little bit further back into high school, I actually decided to join the school chat boys club. What this entailed was that you would create a dance group basically making fun of the chat girls dance group. And yes, I have video evidence. Here you go:

I won't bother pointing out where I am because it's almost impossible to do so with the camera angles. But believe me, I'm in there.

While I won't deny that I grew up with such awkward tendencies and depression, I never will regret what I did back then because it made me who I am today.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote