Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #654 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Patsy Cline - Showcase

I’ve heard most of this album before, having lived under a slightly sunnier rock than ISB. There is nothing that’s bad about this album that can’t be chalked up to it being a dated sound with the inclusion of the strings. I mean it’s a straightforward, old school country record, built to be as inoffensive as humanly possible. Hank Hill can’t find a damn thing to complain about this record. It’s nice music made by god-fearing, decent people for listening to while dancing with your dog. That’s not what I look for in music, like, at all. I won’t be the one choosing this record if I end up hearing it again, but I won’t mind if someone puts it on because even though you might not believe it, I’m not that much of a buzzkill irl. This is music that takes no chances, stays firmly where it stands because you expect it to stand there, and the diversity of this record is limited to a change in tempo. I realize that’s not always a bad thing, but it’s not for me. Just not white enough to enjoy nice music. 3/10
3/10?

Bat, this turned out to be a very instructive pick. I'm learning more about the posters here than the music. That's for sure.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote