Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #12870 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
yeah violet told me to look North so i've been looking in more northern areas. i honestly don't know where in the country i would want to live, i would need to do a lot more research before actually committing to it of course. it's just something i've wanted to do for a few years now and would rather try it and dislike it than spend my whole life wishing i had of went for it.

i've basically been looking at any places north of birmingham, i just don't know enough of what each city has to offer aside from the more well known places like in around London, Manchester, Liverpool, etc. so i've looked at those the most.
I'll break it down for you using my knowledge of the north.

Leeds is great for nightlife and shopping. It tends to be the cheapest place to go clubbing in the north. Rents dirt cheap on average. And by the way, Headingly (student area in Leeds, just behind the university of Leeds), is one of the most hipster places in England. You can quote me on that. I heard you were a hipster or something so thought you'd like to know. Leeds is also closest access to the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District, which by the way, no matter where you are in the north, you HAVE to visit. Hiking up the Dales is quite the adventure, especially in the rain. We also host the Leeds and Reading festival. Our music scene (especially indie hipster **** and heavy metal), are second to none.

Manchester has a great nightlife too, maybe (I'm being generous here, since I'm a proud Loiner). It's probably got a better selection of clubs and bars to visit in my experience. Also, you're a fan of Manchester United right? I can't remember, but if you are then consider Manchester the go to place for footie.

If you chose the mancs though I'll hate you forever just remember that babes.

Newcastle, again, rivals Manchester and Leeds for nightlife. Really that's all I know about Newcastle though. Did have a great time though when I was there, from what I can remember of it all.

This is all I've got so far that I can speak from experience with. I'd recommend you do loads of research comparing every aspect of each city in the North.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote