Music Banter - View Single Post - NME top 10 British albums of all time.
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 06:46 AM   #67 (permalink)
LostPhil
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Do you think for this list they meant bands that were, in some way or another, Brittish?
As in bands with British citizens as members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
I don't know im trying to help them out here, and btw, that Arctic monkeys song is aweful. Can someone tell me why the English love their dance music so much?
If you're on about "I bet you look good on the dancefloor" then it aint that great. I downloaded the demos off of their website and loved the lyrics to Scummy (they changed the name when they released the song) & A Certain Romance. They're good but I haven't heard the album yet so I don't know whether they deserve to be number 5 or not.

In fact, I'm only 20 and haven't been around long enough to hear most of the albums in the "top 10". I really think that best of all time lists have absolutely zero relevance to mordern music and often get stuck in the past. I'd like to see them do a list of the best British albums in the past 5 or 10 years as it may help single out some albums that I'd want to listen to.

Anyway, what makes one album better than another? Every half-decent album is great in its own way and I'm pretty sure that I wont like most of the stuff in that list. Besides, NME is sh!t and where the hell is A's Hi Fi Serious album? [/RANT]

EDIT: sorry, first post happens to be a big rant. And I forgot to say hi. Hi!
Peter: That doesn't mean he can't hear. Kick Joe, kick!
LostPhil is offline   Reply With Quote