Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #307 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Today's review is Keveltrak's Keveltrak (2010) (Hardcore Punk, Black Metal, Crust Punk)

I think batty recced this awhile back. (Please confirm bat. I don't feel like searching through this to find out who suggested this.)

Ultevid: And we start this off with some straight up punk to rip your soul out. Awesome! I'm detecting some black metal in here. But my general distaste for black metal doessn't make me dislike it.

Mjød: More ripping riffs! Yes!

Fossegrim: Not as awesome as the last two tracks, but definitely is enjoyable. Track is getting more enjoyable as it progresses.

Blodtørst: More badass hardcore punk. I love it.

I LOVE IT, MAGGLE!

Offernatt: I'm headbanging so hard that I might give myself whiplash again.

Sjøhyenar - Havets Herrer: Man, that bass is so powerful. This is pretty awesome!

Sultans of Satans: I'm running out of ways to say I love it.... I spoke too soon. Was that the chorus? They had a singing part and it was awful... there it is again! Stop.

Nekroskop: We're off to a good start. We get some more overt black metal influences. This **** is ripping.

Liktorn: That's a killer intro. Goes into a more melodic riff. I'd be ok with singing over that. The song is building tension for a decent payoff. Ok, shit just got interesting. Damn good song.

Ordsmedar Av Rang: Ripping!

Utrydd Dei Svake: it's ripping pretty well, but I'm hearing some singing parts that aren't very good. I dig overall.

Final thoughts - This album was awesome. It was full of badass riffs that never ceased! I hope in future albums the band kills the singing.

☆☆☆☆1/2

Now if you'll excuse me, Wrestling Toyonuni 2017 is up and I'd like to watch it.

Oh, and stay tuned for me discussing and deconstructing the Holy Gift by Tool in the next couple of days. Yes, it's as pretentious as it sounds.

Last edited by Blank.; 04-29-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote