Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #4553 (permalink)
Spectralmusic
Contemporary Composer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Let's talk then. What you about in thrash? I love me some Overkill as well, and consider them probably the best current thrash band of any start date. What I've heard from their new album has me happy.

I agree they've remained at the top of their game for practically their entire career! Though I admit I haven't heard the last four albums in their entirety, I drift between different genres all the time, currently I'm getting back into thrash. I absolutely love Overkill's first five albums in particular, Killbox 13 and Immortalis where also really great (and the conclusion? to the selftitled Overkill saga, with "The Brand", soo good!!)

As far as thrash in general, bands like Metallica and Megadeth don't really do it for me (though One by Metallica may have been the first metal song I heard when I was a kid).

I do however really like some of Slayer's earlier albums (out of the "big four")

My favorite thrash bands (besides Overkill) include: Voivod (Even though my favorite work of theirs is the prog metal stuff after Killing Technology), Iced Earth (for their first three albums, all very sentimental to me also), Venom (their first 4 or 5 albums are awesome).

It's still not my biggest area of expertise in metal (that's more in the prog/avantgarde/extreme metal) but I'm lapping it up currently
Spectralmusic is offline   Reply With Quote