Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #23066 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
I'm cursed.

Over the past month I've done a number of patch tests on my face to try and pinpoint what exactly I'm allergic to (in various skin products, even very basic "hypoallergenic" ones and plant-based ones) and.. My face is now a lurid shade of poppy-red. I'm allergic to everything. Particularly certain fatty alcohols which are in virtually everything. Can't use over the counter ointments to soothe my current allergic outbreak because I am allergic to the filler ingredients. FANTASTIC! As I mentioned before, this also means I cannot wear makeup. No, not even additive-free mineral makeup. So if I ever want to make myself look pretty or polished for an event, too bad! Not having the option to alter my appearance subtly is maddening. All the more reason for me to go live a cave and let the eyeless cave creatures gnaw my skin off until I'm a pure glistening skeleton with no need to worry about my distressingly blotchy and plain flesh vessel. (I realize this makes me sound a bit crazy but I allegedly suffer from body dysmorphic disorder, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Also, it's absurd that there does not exist a skincare line (including things for the body) that are actually suitable for sensitive + dry skin. For instance, many include oils, silicones and tocopherols which have been shown in various studies to be be irritating for certain skin types.
Congratulations. You're now a dude.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote