Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #553 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Listen guys, I don't come to this place as if I'm stepping into a high school debate contest.
Well it is what you set yourself up for when you thrust yourself into this kind of discussion.

Quote:
I'm not looking for "points" in an effort to win anything. I say my piece, you say yours. No-one's minds are going to get changed.
Actually, if your piece is clearer and more logical than mine, I would be open to changing my views. Debate is an opportunity to judge the quality of our own views, it would be foolish to write off other views that are more logical just because it doesn't align with my former views. For example, I used to view circumcision similarly to how you do before I really started debating and thinking on the matter.

Quote:
- I happen to know someone who had to get it done for medical purposes.
- I happen to know he suffered pretty bad afterwards.
- I'm happy my parents chose to have me done when I was a newborn.
Anecdotal evidence. Toss it in the trash. https://thelogicofscience.com/2016/0...lly-worthless/

I could use botched circumcisions that resulted in castration as a point against the practice, but since that's more an issue with medical training and equipment, I won't fall back on it. I'd appreciate it if you at least attempted to match that kind of intellectual honesty.

Quote:
- I noted that the vast majority of pro dicks are snipped.
- I noted that over 80% of US males are snipped.
Neat! How does this establish a moral grounding of the practice though? Are you suggesting that popular things are inherently good?

Quote:
- I noted that it's done to females purely to limit their sexuality.
Stop equating male and female circumcision.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote