Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #5322 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
This analysis is so far off the mark that I don't even know where to begin deconstructing it, especially for someone that gave up four episodes in.

You don't get to see how someone's individual trauma ends up affecting the mental state of those around them. They showcase various different ways this occurs while constantly jumping back and forth from past to present. This show kept me engaged and I actually couldn't watch it in the background like I do with most other shoes because I would end up slightly lost or miss and important detail.

If you don't feel like watching the entire series at least watch the after the series special they have. This show in no way glorifies suicide down to the very act being shown in a realistic way and not like an artistic version of the act that I thought they might have done.
I watched a few more episodes just to see if I'd enjoy it, because when I heard about it / saw one episode, I was already thrown off of it. That opinion did not change and I didn't bother. I don't think you actually understand why it is such a horrible representation of the themes within.

And honestly, I won't even try to convince you because it's impossible to.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote