Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #5330 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
The bolded proves my entire point though. If you're going to make a TV show about depression and not focus on the intensities and personal details of depression, don't ****ing bother. All it's doing is marketing to those that "believe they have depression" and not really showing the actual issues that come along with it. Which like I said before is putting a big blanket on the term altogether.

That's perfectly fine that you've had your own experiences and I'm not saying your perspective is wrong. But that also doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid. You guys couldn't have been quicker to jump on the wagon of debating with those that disagree with the show and how the story is told. It's not seen the same way by everyone.
I'm definitely not saying your opinion isn't valid. In fact, I'm interested in your perspective, which is why I'm discussing it. I think our differing opinions are a good example of how you can look at this show from a lot of different angles. I do think, though, if your opinion is only based on a few episodes you don't have the whole picture. It's really hard to see how she gets all the way to contemplating suicide based on the first 4 episodes. I would have to say the intensity of the second half of the season and the traumas Hannah goes through... I'm not sure I would want young teenagers to watch it. I'm interested what your opinion would be of the whole season.