Music Banter - View Single Post - *** Member Mixtape Thread Is Back Again and Again ***
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. The Batlord: Waylon Jennings - Lonesome, On'ry and Mean

This is an excellent Country/Americana track, and yes, it makes you feel like you should be out on some lonesome highway in a pickup truck with your arm out the window and watching cows and mountains and rolling hills. Superb. A true master of the art. 9/10

2. Kiii: Genesis - Cats With Hats

No idea what to make of this. None. Sounds like a big hollow drum loop repeated with someone (Ki?) breathing some kind of vocal, but again, it's not my cup of tea. Sorry. 2/10

3. Frownland: Mike Cooper - Industrial Hazard
Sounds a bit like Bryan Ferry singing at first. The feedback guitar (?) is pretty good really, some discordance as you'd expect from a Frownland pick (the lyric even has the word "eccentric" in it). Not bad though. 6/10

4. Trollheart: Sleep Thieves - Sparks

Pop isn't normally my thing but like Chvrches this just really grabbed me. Love her voice, plus of course any chance to rep a good Irish band I'll take. **** you haters. 9/10

5. zer0: Nick Cave Dolls - Bongwater

Don't get this. Sounds like Klaus from American Dad at the start, then someone muttering about how he doesn't know about things, more sound samples, a woman talking and finally some music begins. The music's ok I guess, nothing special. No vocals other than this woman talking. She has a nice voice, sure, but this does nothing for me. Has maybe a VU feel to it? Meh. 4/10

6. Dr_Rez: Steel Pulse - Born Fe Rebel

Not big into reggae but this is pretty fun. Hard not to like this really. Feet definitely tapping here. Is there a bit of Jungle in here? Meh, still really excellent. 8/10

7. Aloysius: Aloysius - Cosmos

This is pretty impressive. I'm not into flamenco but even I know when someone has talent, and this guy certainly does. Would be interested in hearing more. 9/10

8. rostasi: David Holmes - I Heard Wonders
This is ****ing excellent. Great guitar work, super melody, like the vocals too. Great stuff. 10/10