Music Banter - View Single Post - *** Member Mixtape Thread Is Back Again and Again ***
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Aloysius
Music Addict

1. The Batlord: Waylon Jennings - Lonesome, On'ry and Mean

Somewhat unfairly I was expecting not to like this, as it's country. I was wrong though, what a fantastic voice, and the rhythm section worked really well with the singing.

2. Kiii: Genesis - Cats With Hats

Loved this, original and exhilarating, and everything sits well in the stereo space so that you feel like you're in the middle of the landscape.

3. Frownland: Mike Cooper - Industrial Hazard

There were some fantastic sounds going on here and some thought provoking lyrics. While I didn't love the singing voice this track made me want to listen to more of this artist's stuff.

4. Trollheat: Sleep Thieves - Sparks

This reminded me of Blondie, Nina, and other stuff I remember from my early teens, so it served as a welcome hit of nostalgia.

5. zer0: Nick Cave Dolls - Bongwater

Not completely sold on this yet but will give it more listens.

6. Dr_Rez: Steel Pulse - Born Fe Rebel

Not a fan of this - reminds me a lot of The Cat Empire who a huge here in Australia.

7. Aloysius: Aloysius - Cosmos

I recorded this last month for an upcoming album - there's 1 guitar track, 1 percussion track (cajón, played by my friend). I can't say what I think of it yet, I'm too self critical and need more time to pass from the recording session, but thanks for the feedback guys!

8. rostasi: David Holmes - I Heard Wonders

I quite liked this, not what I would usually listen to but interesting - feels like a pop song but with more than meets the eye going on.