Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #839 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Four times so far.
I have no problem with people not liking it - to each their own - but this sort of frothing at the mouth personal attack on the guy is offensive to me. Imagine if I listened to, say, Zorn and said that? Or one of the albums he likes, like maybe Patsy Cline? At least when I don't like something I give a reason, and I give the album a chance. His comments are just, well they're just offensive, there's no other way of putting it. He didn't even try to talk about the music, even to say he hated it. It's just a typical OccultHawk post: I hate this therefore it's crap.

And I guarantee, if I had posted that you know damn well you'd be kicking me in the nuts and telling me to "consider the appeal" or at least not be a big baby, or one of your other pearls of wisdom. I wouldn't accept that kind of crap from anyone - not you, not Batty, not even me for ****'s sake. If he hated the album, fine, say that. But you can't go dissing the man's talent and being offended by his mere presence. Sure it was probably all in jest but it's a pretty pathetic post with no semblance of tolerance for a different view to his. In other words, a classic OccultHawk "I hate Islam" sort of post. I don't even know why I'm surprised. But I am. I thought he had a little more class than that.
Oc is an unhinged asshole and that's why we love him.