Music Banter - View Single Post - UK Politics
Thread: UK Politics
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #158 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
^ HaHa! I have to agree that it sounds weird to say, "I could care less" when what you clearly mean is "I couldn't care less."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
That's the impression that I got from my limited knowledge of fox hunting, that it was more of a class thing than an ethics thing since this doesn't seem to apply to other areas of hunting (though I might be wrong on that). Hunting in general checks the "inhumane" and bloodsport boxes imo.
Plus, I don't know if animals deserve to be treated in a humane manner. There are animale standards that are more suited to their relationship with man.
As Trollheart says, it is cruel, but it's the class thing that bugs me the most. You have to be rich and well-connected to go foxhunting, and back in the day it could be very disruptive of rural life: if the fox ran through your humble vegetable patch, the hounds would follow and then the horses would gallop through as well. It's that arrogant display of privilege that makes people hate it more than other forms of hunting imo.