Music Banter - View Single Post - *** Member Mixtape Thread Is Back Again and Again ***
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 05:29 AM   #85 (permalink)
Aloysius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Aloysius: Aloysius - Cosmos: I like this and see real potential here. I say “potential” because I don’t see it as working as a stand-alone track, but a really good sound catalog of some really fine riffs that can be integrated into a solid composition. I was digging the percussion for a while because I thought that you may be using the guitar percussively in part, but then it occurred to me that it might be a cajón(?). If so, I’m wondering whether more bass-heavy percussion - or at least something that can add some more lower register could help. Don’t know - have to hear… Anyway, good to hear this from you.
Cheers for the feedback. The traditional flamenco sound is very trebly - originally the percussive part would always be just palmas (hand clapping) and sometimes taconeo (dancers' footwork) - following Paco de Lucia's lead cajón is now ubiquitous. A lot of modern players incorporate electric or upright bass on some of their stuff - a less traditional sound that some aficionados dislike. I love playing with double bass and I gig with a bassist when there is money to pay him. For this upcoming album I'm going for more of a guitar recital vibe, there will be Spanish classical repertoire as well as my own tunes like this one, all tracks will be solo guitar or guitar + percussion.
Aloysius is offline   Reply With Quote