Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #9195 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Got Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars for $4 a few days ago and have been playing it pretty heavily ever since. Man, StarCraft is awesome, but the dexterity required is highly disheartening to someone who sucks at RTS games. Tiberium Wars feels like the perfect game for me then, as it doesn't have the ridiculously high clickfest requirements (it's Command & Conquer after all), but is probably the toughest C&C game I've ever played (never played the first C&C though); it's consistently challenging, but also feels highly rewarding when you get the hang of base defense, expanding, and counterattacks (Thank you, StarCraft, for teaching me the ways of quickly and constantly expanding to every resource patch I can get my grubby little mits on.)

The lack of a unit or unit selection cap is also nice for someone who both blows and loves steamrolling an enemy with twenty Mammoth tanks after a protracted back-and-forth battle. In fact there are very few things I love in gaming as much as that final death push that crushes the enemy's defenses like so many sand castles too close to the waves, which is made all the more satisfying due to the increased AI difficulty level.

Basically, if you ****ing love RTS games then this is a must-buy; too bad it's no longer on sale. In any case, I will be playing this game into the ground for the foreseeable future and praying that I don't suck enough to get stopped cold in the campaign.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote