Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:53 AM   #82 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Over a hundred and ninety countries have signed up to The Paris Agreement, so it's the key to any kind of concerted effort to reduce global warming. Perhaps most of us already know what the agreement does and doesn't do, but if not, here's an easy-to-digest guide which is pretty good even though it's two years out of date:-

Commendable though it is, The Paris Agreement isn't much more than a statement of intent, by which countries are hoping to limit global warming to 2°C. Even if countries achieve the goals they are voluntarily setting themselves, it's not certain that that will be enough to avert a global disaster. So let's not become complacent. It'd be a mistake to imagine that with the Paris Agreement we can stop worrying about the effects of global warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Eco-friendly is the balance I talked about. And hopefully done without the government forcing you to do so.
And Trump doesn't drink apparently.
^ That'd be nice of course, goofle, but I think we need some government intervention and incentives to push things in the desired direction. It's no good leaving a chocolate cake in a roomfull of small children and saying, "Hopefully they'll just take a small slice each and leave some for later."
EDIT: dj has just made this same point more powerfully. Thanks!