Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #98 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ That's a very pertinent news story: a short tragi-comedy but with a lot more tragi than comedy because it highlights two uncomfortable facts:-

i) how ineffectual our attempts might be to preserve anything in the face of drastic climate change.
ii) how nature has already raced ahead of our predictions about future climatic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So aside from curbing gas emissions, what other avenues can people take on a large scale that would hinder the current rate?
^ That's exactly the kind of question that I hoped might get debated here. Thanks!

Here's a short, factual list of suggestions:-

In case you want to check back on those suggestions, they were:-
i) plant a tree (or some climbing greenery over your house)
ii) switch to energy saving lightbulbs ( and turn off lights, etc that you don't need)
iii) turn off the bathroom tap while you are brushing your teeth.
iv) sell your car ( or at least car pool, switch to a hybrid, and stop joy riding)
v) become a vegetarian (or at least cut down on beef, switching to poultry or fish instead)

The stuff in brackets are my ideas, btw.

This clip is longer and with more suggestions. It starts with "What is global warming", but it's pretty amusing. Seven minutes well spent I would say:-