Music Banter - View Single Post - Lionel Messi
Thread: Lionel Messi
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Seriously look up some long form Pele videos. He was doing things that were out of this world at the time. He played basically as an attacking midfielder and scored more goals than the best players of his era.

He even did the Cruyff turn before the man himself.
I've seen him. He was amazing. There have been plenty of better players though.

And the number of goals he scored is questionable as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I went to soccer camp as a kid and they showed us Pele videos on a projector. I left that camp convinced he was the greatest athlete ever and I've never seen anything that made me change my mind.

I don't know why I'm posting in this thread though. I don't know **** about soccer. Those Messi videos don't make my balls tingle. I guess I don't get the nuances. Those Pele clips were like he would nutmeg three defenders and then plop it in the goal. I get the game was different, the defenders were different- but you know, my nuts just aren't tingling. Actually, the Ronaldo who played with Ronaldinho in the Korea/Japan World Cup made my nuts tingle. Zidane? No, nut tingle. Maybe you gotta be Brazilian to tingle my nuts.
tbh I don't really know how you can see Messi in full flight and not be amazed by him. That dribble he did vs Espanyol earlier this season was as if he was dancing on water. His acceleration, balance, touch and change of direction is insane he looks levels ahead of everyone else on the pitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BVRlYDkaEM

Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote