Music Banter - View Single Post - Lionel Messi
Thread: Lionel Messi
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 04:16 AM   #40 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Regarding Pele, you have to consider the time period. It's kinda like looking at Jimi Hendrix and saying he wasn't as talented as a lot of current day guitarists because they could probably replicate his shit with their eyes closed.

I'd look at Pele as a genius breakthrough in technology. He was the "invention of the wheel" of football. Sure, he was surrounded by great players but he stood out amongst them for a reason. He was a physical beast at a time when footballers didn't really take it that seriously.

He sparked that evolution. And I can't see any reason why - had he been born in the current era - he wouldn't be just as amazing with all of the advances we have made in the sport.

Put Messi in a time when the ball was heavy as fuck and barely even round, I am sure his dribbles would be comparatively underwhelming. His curled finishes would be minimal. It's about context. That's why it's probably best to go by generation rather than comparing Messi footage to Pele footage as if they were under the same circumstances.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi both crack the Top 5 for be because they are simply too good not to be in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote