Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #5411 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah, I'm on the second. But it's clear that there is a lot of material that was left out. The point is, it can't be battles and crises every single episode. Gotta build up the story, fill out the characters.
I get that but some of the building up doesn't go anywhere especially when they still end up leaving out parts. I am taking my time reading the books because I really want to finish off the tv series and then read all the books. I like keeping the two separate. The only season that goes hand in hand with the books is the first season. If I want fully fleshed out characters that is what the books are for and to give added back story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Nah that's bollox. You don't need to know anything other than that there are two main parties in the UK and of course the monarch, all of which feature in the original. That's like saying you need to know about US politics to enjoy the new one, or indeed anything like The West Wing or Madam Secretary. It does help, as I said though, to know your Shakespeare.
I never bothered with The West Wing or Madam Secretary but having a little knowledge of US politics definitely helps with US House of Cards.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote